Zobi and the Zoox
With her home under threat from a warming ocean, Zobi, a brave rhizobia bacterium, teams up with a family of slow but steady Zoox (zooxanthellae). As the coral bleaches, everyone begins to starve...
Can Zobi and the Zoox work together to save the day?
This beautifully illustrated science-adventure story, set on the Great Barrier Reef, was originally published in 2015, but has been extensively re-written and revised to delight and captivate primary-school aged readers.
Zobi and the Zoox: A Story of Coral Bleachingis the first in the new Small Friends Books series - Stories of Partnership and Cooperation in Nature.
- A beautifully illustrated science-adventure story, set on the Great Barrier Reef
- Accurate scientific text, created in collaboration with coral scientists
- Engages children in the invisible world of microbes
- An extensively re-worked edition of an original book published in 2015
- The Small Friends Books series combines cutting-edge scientific research, rich narrative and beautiful illustrations to tell stories that describe symbiotic partnerships between microbes and larger life forms.
Publication Date: 01-Jun-2018
Publisher: CSIRO Publishing