The Plastic Problem
Look around you - plastic is everywhere! It's in your shoes, pens, toothbrush, car, toys, TV, water bottles, food packaging... It's so popular that it's almost impossible to get through one day without using it. And it's creating major problems for our planet, wildlife and ourselves.
With The Plastic Problem, you'll discover loads of brilliant and easy ways to cut plastic out of your life! By becoming a 'plastic patroller' instead of a plastic polluter, your actions will help protect our world, and inspire friends and family to do the same. Inside this practical guide, the follow-up to our popular 101 Small Ways to Save the World, you'll find out how to:
- Pack a zero waste travel kit to help your family reduce its rubbish on trips
- Take better care of your clothes, swap items with friends, and get excited about hand-me-downs
- Switch your toothpaste for natural tooth powders and choose an electric, non-throwaway toothbrush
- Take your lunch to school in a reusable container and bring reusable cutlery
- Reduce the amount of things you buy, reuse what you have, and recycle what you no longer need
- Take reusable bags to the supermarket or with you when you go shopping
- Think twice about single-use bottled water and fruit juices
Today is the perfect time for a change. As a future guardian of the planet, you can say no to plastic. Your actions, however small, can make a big difference every day. And with each change, you'll help our oceans become a little cleaner and our planet a little healthier.
Are you up to the challenge?
The contents of The PlasticProblem include:
- Plastic, plastic everywhere- What is plastic, where does it come from, and why do we use it?
- The problems with plastic- Why are we still using plastic and what are the reasons we need to stop?
- Take action!- Learn how to avoid plastic, start making smarter choices and make a real difference
- Become a 'Precycler'- Choose what's better for the environment instead of what's more convenient
About Lonely Planet Kids:Lonely Planet Kids - an imprint of the world's leading travel authority Lonely Planet - published its first book in 2011. Over the past 45 years, Lonely Planet has grown a dedicated global community of travellers, many of whom are now sharing a passion for exploration with their children. Lonely Planet Kids educates and encourages young readers at home and in school to learn about the world with engaging books on culture, sociology, geography, nature, history, space and more. We want to inspire the next generation of global citizens and help kids and their parents to approach life in a way that makes every day an adventure. Come explore!
Publication Date: 01-Mar-2020
Publisher: Lonely Planet Publications