Did you know that there are plants that eat insects? Plants whose seeds spread in poo? Plants that move when you touch them? And plants that grow on other plants?Plantastic presents 26 of Australia's most unique and incredible native plants. Discover and identify native plants found in your local park, bushland, or even in your very own backyard. With its perfect balance of fun facts, activities, adventurous ideas and gorgeous illustrations, Plantastic will prove just how fantastic Australia's native plants really are Features:
- Full of interesting facts about Australian native plants that will get kids excited about the plant world and gently introduce general scientific concepts.
- Provides a Plantastic Activity for each featured species to encourage kids to search for and engage with the plants in their local area.
- Explains traditional Indigenous uses for some plants - including hunting, fishing, building and medicine.
- Includes common plants with wide distributions so that kids can discover more about their local flora, no matter where they live in Australia.
- The bright and beautiful illustrations will help kids easily recognize the plants from this book out in the wild.
Publication Date: 01-Feb-2021
Publisher: CSIRO Publishing