Creative Coding in Python
Creative Coding in Python teaches kids the fundamentals of computer programming and demonstrates how to code 30+ fun, creative projects using Python, a free, intuitive, open-source programming language that's one of the top five most popular worldwide.Computer science educator Sheena Vaidyanathan helps kids understand the fundamental ideas of computer programming and the process of computational thinking using illustrations, flowcharts, and pseudocode, then shows how to apply those essentials to code exciting projects in Python:
- Arcade games and apps: Understand GUI (graphical user interfaces) and create your own arcade games and apps.
- Geometric art: Use turtle graphics to create original masterpieces.
- Interactive fiction: Explore booleans and conditionals to invent "create your own adventure" games.
- Chatbots: Discover variables, strings, integers, and more to design conversational programs.
- Dice games: Reuse code to devise games of chance.
- What's next? Look at exciting ways to use your powerful new skills and expand your knowledge of coding in Python.
Publication Date: 18-Dec-2018
Publisher: Quarto Publishing Group USA